Benefits Of Placements
Work placements are one of the best ways to boost your professional skills and knowledge and may lead directly to your first graduate job. They provide an opportunity to put theory into practice, giving you valuable industry experience to support your academic studies. Through the connections with organisations locally and worldwide, our Universities helps students set up placements that suit their interests and aspirations.
A successful placement / internship demonstrates your ambition and can really make your CV shine. Research also shows that as a student who has done a internship / placement, you will:
- Enhance your graduate employability and be twice as likely to secure a graduate job
- Increase your chances of a better degree classification
- Test out your career options and be much clearer about the career you want
- Have an impressive CV, with real experience and skills, and
- Gain new contacts, friends and referees who can help you with future job hunting.
Where Can You Do A Placement?
- Do you want to work in the UK or maybe go overseas?
- Would you rather be in a large multinational organisation or would you prefer a small or medium-sized company?
- What salary will you need to support yourself? This could depend on where you live.
- What experience and skills would you like to gain? Think about gaps in your CV and your plans for the future.
There can be opportunities and disadvantages with all of these options.The Employability Team can help you find a placement that is right for you:
- Universities works with thousands of organisations around the world, from large blue chip companies to small and medium size enterprises looking for the talent of the future.
- Universities advertise all placement vacancies for employers on their websites.
- Hundreds of employers come to Universities annually to interview students and attend our career and placement fairs.
- The Employability Team can help you look out for events and connect with employers.
- Engineering (Electric, Mechanic, Optometry, Automotive, Aerospace Etc)
- Computing (Cyber Security, System Software, Information System, Etc)
- Management (MBA, Finance, HR, International Management, Banking & Finance Etc)
- Health & Social Care Related Course (Nursing, Social Work, Physiotherapy Etc)
- Pharmacy Courses